made in britain
Discover one of London's largest collections of Japanese Whisky. In this interactive tasting with history and a masterclass.
WHAT'S THIS ALL ABOUT?
In London, Map Maison hold one of the largest collections of Japanese Whisky. In this interactive session, you not only taste their signature cocktails, but get behind the bar to make one of your own - mixologist to hand. You will be taken through the history of Japanese Whisky, which is an extraordinary journey. From the selection of the terrain (which apparently has a nod to Scotland) to the creation of the label. Map Maison is the perfect spot to pay respect to the spirit, while becoming just a bit of an expert on the subject, and as with any drink you only get to understand the nuances by tasting, tasting and then - well a bit more tasting.
- Prosecco on arrival - Tasting of three different Japanese whiskies - 1 Signature Cocktail - 1 Cocktail that you make yourself
- Complimentary signature cocktail on arrival
- Small tapas plate (V available)
- Tasting of three different Japanese whiskies; Suntory Toki, Nikka Days, Mars Kasei
- A presentation of the history, production and story behind Japanese whisky
- One whisky based cocktail (made by you).
- One mini MAP Lab bottled cocktail to take away
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
Over 18's only! This Whisky experience runs at Map Maison in Hackney (nearest tube is Haggerston on the East London Line or a short bus trip from Liverpool Street Station). The masterclasses are run daily from 12-6 but need booking at least a week in advance.
HOW TO BOOK
Contact information for booking a place on this experience will be provided on your voucher.
An e-voucher will be delivered to your registered email address once your order has been accepted by the seller (usually within 24-48hrs after purchase). If you choose an optional voucher pack, this will be sent by post to your chosen delivery address; see the top of this page for estimated delivery dates.
Terms and conditions of our booking partners:
- Group bookings can only be made up of 7 or less people.
- Bookings are made subject to availability and can only be made up to 2 months’ in advance.
- Any rescheduling will be at the discretion of our experience partner.
- Validity period: Booking for this experience must be made within 6 months of the purchase date.
- All guests must be over the age of 18 to take part in the Tasting and so all guests must bring a valid form of identification with them on the day.
The voucher gift pack measures approximately 18x13cm.
GET IN TOUCH
To ask a question or find out more about this experience, get in touch with the seller directly via the ‘ask seller a question’ button above.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
General notonthehighstreet.com shopper terms and conditions apply. Bookings are made subject to availability; for best availability, we advise booking within 28 days of your order being accepted to get the dates you want. For refunds, a 28-day cancellation period applies.