Contemporary rustic furniture for home and garden
Oak & Iron is a contemporary furniture range created using just two, simple elements; oak and iron. Made in Britain, this striking, in-and-outdoor furniture couples gorgeous, solid-oak tops with metal bases in accent colours like fresh aqua, sun yellow and pepper red.
New for 2016 is Oak & Iron Furniture's range, The ZKollektion, designed by Blattler.
To make this distinctive furniture, craftsmen hand-pick only the most beautiful, most featured British sustainable green and kiln dried oak. Green oak is unique – unlike other furniture this untreated, naked oak develops even more stunning, natural features over time. All the pieces are made using hand tools in Oak & Iron’s Surrey workshops with the utmost care for the environment.
Oak & Iron furniture is available in finishes for home and garden use and its straight lines and bold colours are the perfect choice for an uber-modern kitchen or an urban garden all in irresistible, summer colours. Bespoke options are also available, contact us for more details.
Because of the nature of green oak, the wood elements of Oak & Iron cannot be joined to their bases in most cases. This means that when you receive your items, they will come on a pallet as an iron base and separate green oak beams. The oak beams have spacers attached to the bottom of them, and once they are placed on top of the base the whole thing locks together to stop it from moving.
Please see notonthehighstreet.com's delivery policy.
Please see notonthehighstreet.com's returns policy.
79 Farleigh Road, Warlingham, Surrey, CR6 9EJ, GB
Terms and Conditions
1. Definitions. a) Green oak (or green oak) refers to undried oak, which has neither been kiln dried or air dried for any significant length of time. b) Colour or colours refers to colours of both wood and the steel bases available. c) Iron refers to the steel bases available. d) Broken oak or broken wood or broken refers to oak which has physically broken split or snapped into more than the single beam it is supposed to be. e) Bespoke items refer to items which are made to measure or made to specific colours.
2. Green oak. a) Due to the nature of green oak we cannot guarantee that the oak used in the construction of your furniture will not split, move, warp, twist, shrink or that knots in the wood will not fall out or react in the same way. b) Green oak comes with a large variety of natural grain patterns, knots, and colours. This is natural to any wood, including green oak and should be treated as a beautiful feature of green oak rather than a flaw. While we try to provide green oak which is reasonably consistant with the photographs provided, we cannot guarantee any wood to match the images on www.notonthehighstreet.com. c) We will try our utmost to provide you with green oak tops for your tables and furniture which have a reasonably flat surface (probably with wayney edges) and for gaps between beams to be as small as possible at the time of production.
3. Broken oak. a.) We cannot replace any green oak which has twisted, split, moved or warped beyond reasonable use. b) We offer a guarantee to replace any section of wood which has actually broken, though we reserse the right to decide if your wood is broken according to our definitions. c) If the oak we have supplied to you for your furniture has actually broken, we require you (our customer) to send us photographed images of the oak which is broken and a description of what has happened to your oak. d) Any oak which we agree is defined as broken (that it has broken or snapped into more than the single beam) we will replace and courier to you free of charge, freshly oiled and ready for replacement.
4. Colour. a) While we try out utmost to match colours of wood provided on the site, we cannot guarantee that any wood colour will match the images provided on www.notonthehighstreet.com. b) All of our green oak tops are provided with a standard oiled finish. c) While we try our utmost to match the colours of our iron bases to the swatches and images provided, we cannot guarantee that any colour will match the images provided on www.notonthehighstreet.com.
5. Bespoke items. a) We will endeavour to draw or create images of furniture which you have requested us to quote for. b) Upon agreement (by writing an invoice as below; see 6. a) or paying deposits or amounts towards your balance (see 6. b)), we will endeavour to make your furniture to the utmost or our ability to match your bespoke requirements. c) While we try out utmost to match the photographs or examples of colours of wood/ other materials as agreed provided for purposes of agreeing the colours of your bespoke furniture, we cannot guarantee that any colour will match the images provided on www.notonthehighstreet.com, www.oakandironfurniture.co.uk or any other images provided, be they online or otherwise. d). Bespoke furniture, or items which are unique in the ways described above (made to measure, completely unique items or items made to specific colours) cannot be returned if they are made to the specification of the customer unless they conform to the Terms above of 3. (Broken oak).
6. a) Upon us writing an invoice for you (our customer) or an invoice being generated through www.notonthehighstreet.com, www.oakandironfurniture.co.uk or any other invoice written by us which include Facey Ltd or Oak & Iron Furniture on them, you enter into an agreement with these Terms and Conditions. b) Upon paying us deposits or payments through www.notonthehighstreet.com, www.oakandironfurniture.co.uk or any other invoice written by us which include Facey Ltd or Oak & Iron Furniture on them towards the balance of your invoice you agree to these Terms and Conditions. c) Items remain the property of Facey Ltd or Oak & Iron Furniture until the balance of all items is paid. d). We reserve the right to collect/ remove any furniture from you which remains unpaid for as above after 14 days from your collection from us or our delivery to you.
Please see notonthehighstreet.com's terms & conditions.