made in britain
can be personalised
A finely crafted papercut illustration, creating a miniature portrait of the person closest to your heart, made to order to your specifications.
*Unfortunately orders for Christmas are now full (I'm just a one woman show behind the scenes!) so new orders will be processed and delivered in the new year; apologies for any dissapointment.*
Carefully designed and hand cut by Laura in her North London home, these tiny versions of your treasured friends and family will be cherished for a long time to come.
To get the ball rolling I'll need you to send me some photos of the person/ people you'd like to have illustrated. Ideally side on, but a full mug shot will do too. The more photos the better to help me get a feel for the person
Please keep in mind that the portraits are caricatures, so the generic face design means obvious items of clothing, glasses, accessories or hair shape/ colour can really help draw out personality. No detail is too small! Let me know if you'd like to see a proof of the final illustration before I send it off.
PLACING YOUR BESPOKE ORDER
How to upload your photos:
1. Log on to your notonthehighstreet.com customer account
2. Click your name at the top of the page and go to ‘My Orders’
3. Find the relevant order and click the blue ‘Contact Seller’ button
4. Upload your photos using the text box at the bottom of the page (you are able to select more than one photo by holding the ctrl button whilst selecting your photographs or highlighting a range of photos if you are on a Mac). Please note you have to provide text in the text box for photographs to upload successfully.
THE DETAILS OF YOUR PORTRAIT
Next up, let me know the following in your order enquiry (with your photos):
1. What would you like the person to be wearing? Feel free to attach relevant photos, or describe what sort of colours, patterns and style of tops you'd like. For example: a checked shirt in blue and red
2. Would you like your portrait to face left or right?
3. Are there any other details to make sure I include? For example: glasses. jewelry, an obvious mole or freckles, hair colour which might look slightly different in photos.
Portraits are cut with Fiskars embroidery scissors, requiring a lot of skill and precision. The coloured paper is by Canford, Maya and Murano, and the smallest details are painted in gouache paint. Each layer of paper is assembled with strong glue using a pin for maximum neatness and minimum visibility. Pieces are delicate but can be handled if necessary, the strong glue typically provides a lasting hold. Included is a gold metal hanging frame, with different options for the ribbon colour.
Size of the papercuts vary but frames are 2"x2"