Paxton & Whitfield Ltd was first recorded as a partnership in 1797, but its origins began in 1742 when Sam Cullen set up a cheese stall in Aldwych market. As London became increasingly affluent Sam moved his cheese business closer to his wealthy customer base, near to Jermyn Street where there is still a shop today. He also took on two new partners - Harry Paxton and Charles Whitfield. Ironically it is their names, not his, which grace the shop fronts now.
The company's reputation grew steadily, culminating in 1850 with the honour of being appointed cheesemonger to HM Queen Victoria. It was the first of many Royal Warrants that the company has held. Customers who value quality know they will always be able to find it at Paxtons. As Winston Churchill once observed 'a gentleman only buys his cheese at Paxton & Whitfield'.
Please see notonthehighstreet.com's delivery policy.
Please see notonthehighstreet.com's returns policy.
Paxton & Whitfield Ltd, Unit 6, Willow Court Bourton Industrial Park, Bourton on the Water, Gloucester, GL54 2 HQ, GB
Please see notonthehighstreet.com's terms & conditions.