made in britain
can be personalised
Brewing made easy! Make your own real ales from scratch and become a bonafide craft brewer in a few hours.
Get them started on a great new hobby - the perfect gift for someone who likes to be creative and loves beer and cooking!
Have all the fun of creating delicious real ales without any unnecessary hassle or mess. We have specially developed equipment and instructions to make your craft brewing as simple and user-friendly as possible.
Fresh is best, and because we mill the grains ourselves on-order and vacuum seal them, they arrive to you as fresh as possible. Our high-quality hops are pre-measured for ultimate ease and our yeast is sourced from a renowned craft beer yeast developer. Unlike some other kits out there, you also get kettle finings to help you clarify your beer, brewer's sugar for carbonating, a detailed step-by-step instruction booklet with brewers notes, and a quick guide and a set of complimentary beer labels which you can personalise with your chosen beer name.
Each Starter Kit includes the specialist Brewing Equipment and a Recipe Pack:
BREWING EQUIPMENT INCLUDES:
* GRAINSTAY our bespoke reuseable brewing bag (simplifies the brew day - no need for loads of pots and transferring of hot liquids)
* Fermentation pail made to block out light - beer's ultimate enemy. Includes an integrated bottling spout so there is no need for messy siphoning and an LCD thermometer to easily monitor your fermentation temperature
* Stainless Steel Dial Probe Thermometer with a Pot Clip
* Bottling wand (helps to bottle directly from the fermenter and limits contact with oxygen while bottling)
--- All the equipment is re-useable so you can carry-on creating with our refill recipe packs or develop your own recipes --
* British malted grains specific to your selected beer style, all freshly milled to order
* Finest pellet hops from farms around the world
* Craft beer yeast in the exact right measurement for your recipe
* Brewer's sugar (special sugar for beer carbonation)
* Kettle finings (vegan-friendly seaweed derivative to help clarify your beer)
* Two no-rinse sanitiser sachets
* Detailed step-by-step instruction booklet
* Special quick guide with brewing notes section
* Twelve bottle labels to add that professional touch to your brew!
- Each recipe pack makes 12x 330ml bottles of beer.
- *Single Hop IPA, 6.0%, with Mosaic hops – lovely tropical fruit notes in this balanced IPA.
- *Best Bitter (English Pale Ale), 4.4%. A truly classic beer highlighting the British Noble Hops.
- *American Brown Ale, 5.0%. A smooth malty and nutty brown ale with a brightness of floral notes.
- *White Ale, 5.0%. A light golden coloured ale with hints of orange peel and coriander.
ADD-ON EQUIPMENT OPTIONS:
* 12 x 330ml swing-top beer bottles - 2 weeks after brewing you will need to bottle your beer. It is easiest with our swing-top bottles. No extra capping equipment needed - just flip and finish!
* 11L Pan - To take full advantage of our refined brewing method it is best to have a pot which can hold all the water and grains needed. This 10.9L pot is a professional-quality stainless steel stockpot from Commichef+ (RRP £75) which can be used for all your cooking needs. It is good on all hobs including Induction and is oven safe!
Ingredients: British malted grains (GLUTEN), hops, yeast (packaged in a protective atmosphere), corn sugar, kettle finings (carrageenan), sanitiser (sodium percarbonate).
*Please store your gift somewhere cool - away from any direct heat source to keep the yeast at its best *
DETAILS: Brewing takes 3-4 hours but, like cooking a roast, a lot of this is not busy time. Fermentation takes about a month and then... get ready to impress your friends when you share your own hand-crafted ale.
Packaging: the equipment and recipe pack come nicely packaged in re-usable jute/cotton bags.
Our fermenter is smaller than an average food-processor so can fit easily in your kitchen - just 24 cm x 28cm when the airlock is attached and 21cm high when airlock is removed for storage.
The 12L stainless steel stock pot is 26cm internal diameter x 21cm high and is induction and oven safe.
This product provides the means to make alcohol. By purchasing this product, you confirm you are 18 years of age or over.