Fiction and real-life collide as grandfather James takes the reader and his grandchildren on an exciting journey of discovery through the Monster Vegetable garden.
M.P. Robertson’s stunning illustrations bring a whole host of Monster Vegetables to life in this brilliantly funny and clever guide designed to encourage children to discover vegetables. Packed full of gardening tips, recipes and more, James steers the reader safely through the dangers and delights of Monster Vegetables, learning:
- How to grow Globe Farty-Chokes, Carnivorous Cabbages, Grumpkins and more.
- How to cook scrumptious recipes such as Beat-Em-Up-Root chocolate cake.
- The different types of poo for growing Monster Vegetables.
- How to avoid a nasty nip from a Turn ’N’ Nip and keep all your fingers.
- How to deal with a Sluggapotamus and other pesky pests.
A fantastical reference picture book, How to Grow & Eat Monster Vegetables carries a message that is sure to go down a storm with parents . . . that however scary they may look, vegetables are in fact fun to grow, harmless to eat and cracking to cook with!
Designed and published in the UK
Ethically produced from sustainable sources
30 pages of 140gsm uncoated, acid free paper
Hardback book with a textured cover
Colour cover and internal pages
Portrait 291 X 236 mm