made in britain
can be personalised
A truly stunning handmade Christmas Eve box designed to reflect your actual house and personalised with all your details. A magical start to Christmas!
The magic of Christmas truly kicks in on Christmas Eve with the putting out of stockings and mince pies for Santa before bedtime. Indulge in the new tradition of a Christmas Eve Box, the chance to open just one present before the big day!
We wanted to create a very special heritage Christmas Eve Box that holds a special place within your family and can be used for years to come Our wooden Christmas Eve Box is shaped like a house and the roof, tied with beautiful red velvet ribbon, opens up to reveal the goodies inside.
What's more, there are several personalised additions to the box to make it even more meaningful.
Areas that can be personalised:
- The family name on the wreath on the door.
- The house number and road name - make it special to the home where you're celebrating your first or twenty-first Christmas together.
- The person's name on the side of the box. You could make this box for one special person, a couple or a whole family.
- Do you have a cat or dog? We can engrave a silhouette of a cat or dog, waiting to come in by the front door. If you have neither then we'll replace the pets with a bay tree, or you can keep it plain. (If you live with 101 dalmations, lucky you, but we only have room for one dog and cat so the one we engrave on your house will have to represent all your animals, the spokesdog or spokescat if you will)
- Finally, you have the option to have a standard design of a generic house, or you can send us a photo of the front of your house and we'll do our best to modify our design to represent your actual house for an additional fee. There are a few limitations to that as we can't redesign the whole box each time we make one. What we can do though is represent your windows, doors and possibly an integral garage as viewed from the front. See images for details.
We cut each piece of the house individually from your choice of a beautiful sustainable cherry veneer wood, or a luxurious sustainable cedar wood veneer with it's gorgeous natural herby fragrance. Both have been sourced in the UK. The mill that makes the veneer is amazing! The veneers are all FSC and PEFC certified and they require anyone they work with to sign up to a Pure Wood Charter for sustainable practices. They generate 30% of their own electricity from their own solar panels and get the remaining 70% from green energy providers. Any waste wood offcuts are used to heat the premises in the winter! This kind of information is important to us so we thought you might like to know about it too.
As a natural product, there may be some variations in the colour and texture of the wood, including thinner or thicker growth patterns from the tree and the odd knot or burr in the wood. This is what makes natural wood so beautiful and is part of the product, not a flaw.
After we have cut all the pieces we then personalise the front and the sides and assemble the houses in our studio and add a ribbon before carefully boxing up and sending out to you. There's an image in the gallery that is labelled "Standard Design" and this is the design of the front of the house that you'll receive if you choose not to send us a photo of your own house.
The finished Christmas Eve house wooden decoration measures 25 x 24 x 24 cm
The front windows are laser cutouts as are the stars in the roof so, when Christmas Eve is over, you can fill your box with battery-operated LED lights and create a beautiful centrepiece for the rest of the festive season.
PLEASE DO NOT PLACE REAL FLAME TEA LIGHTS OR CANDLES IN THE HOUSE AS IT WILL POSE A FIRE HAZARD.
Group it together with some of our smaller houses for a magical village arrangement. Please see our other products.
Gift ideas for your Christmas Eve box:
- New Pyjamas for cosying down and beautiful "round the tree" photos on Christmas morning!
- a new book or favourite magazine
- posh hot chocolate mix with a sprinkling of marshmallows
- a fun family game, maybe Bananagrams!
- go wild with whatever you like and don't forget a healthy handful of chocolate coins