Founded in 2011 after being inspired to design again by her children, former Retail Homewares Buyer and Surface Pattern Designer Helen Gordon saw an opportunity to create a distinctive UK brand.
Using her great love for pattern, colour and texture, original hand painted prints were designed for a collection of children's clothing and accessories. Her designs have been influenced by her passion for children's vintage stories/illustrations, and Scandinavian folk patterns, and her designs are timeless, non trend led and are pieces to be treasured.
As the Helen Gordon brand has evolved and her children have got older her work has developed to include more varied imagery that appeals to both adults as well as children. Through her passion for interiors, she has found herself designing new ideas for the home and in 2015 she has launched her first dedicated Homewares collection under hew new lifestyle brand.
With a distinctive retro feel and striking colour palette the collection includes fairytale babywear and children's pyjamas and accessories, kitchen textiles and accessories, mugs, cushions, wallpaper and gift accessories.
Built on a foundation of quality and ethical ideals, only the best quality materials are used.
All her prints are painted by hand in Helen's studio in rural Oxfordshire where she lives with her sculptor husband, and three children.
The brand really understands the value of quality and producing classic practical clothing that has longevity.
It has been at the forefront of a trend to bring back manufacturing to the UK by producing the collection in various small factories all-over the UK.
Synthetic fabrics are never used, only the best 100% cotton and several organic ranges have been introduced using cotton that is GOTS certified, free from pesticides and artificial fertilisers.
The collection can be found in stockists both in the UK and internationally and the brand can often be found exhibiting at boutique markets and various lifestyle and trade fairs around the UK.
Helen Gordon takes on commissions for her designs, so please email [email protected] if you would like something specific producing.
Allow up to 7 days for delivery. For standard items only.
Your order will be fulfilled by the delivery date set out in the Dispatch Confirmation or, if no delivery date is specified, then within a reasonable time of the date of the Dispatch Confirmation, unless there are exceptional circumstances. Unless specified in the Dispatch confirmation products will be delivered to you by Royal Mail, our nominated carrier in five to seven working days in the UK provided the items are in stock. In addition to the cost of the products you have on hand you will be charged for delivery as follows. We reserve the right to decline to fulfil orders for any reason, including inaccurate pricings or specifications being published on the website.
UK: Under £30- £2.45. Over £30- Free
Please look at rates on the notonthehighstreet.com delivery page for delivery to Europe and the rest of the world.
Please see notonthehighstreet.com's delivery policy.
Please see notonthehighstreet.com's returns policy.
2 Meadowview, Brightwell Street, Brightwell cum Sotwell, Oxon, OX10 0RX, GB
1. Terms and conditions
These terms are the terms and conditions on which we supply any of the products listed on the website http://www.notonthehighstreet.com to you. Please read these terms and conditions carefully before ordering any Products from us. You should understand that by ordering any of our Products, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. Please understand that if you refuse to accept these terms and conditions, you will not be able to order any Products from us.
By placing an order through us, you warrant that:(a) You are legally capable of entering into binding contracts;(b) You are at least 18 years old.
2. How the contract is formed between you and us.2.1 After placing an order, you will receive an e-mail from us acknowledging that we have received your order. Please note that this does not mean that your order has been accepted. Your order constitutes an offer to us to buy a Product. All orders are subject to acceptance by us, and we will confirm such acceptance to you by sending you an e-mail that confirms that the Product has been dispatched (the Dispatch Confirmation). The contract between us (Contract) will only be formed when we send you the Dispatch Confirmation. 2.2 The Contract will relate only to those Products whose dispatch we have confirmed in the Dispatch Confirmation. We will not be obliged to supply any other Products which may have been part of your order until the dispatch of such Products has been confirmed in a separate Dispatch Confirmation.
3. Consumer Rights3.1 If you are contracting as a consumer, you may cancel a Contract at any time within twenty eight days, from receipt of goods. In this case, you will receive a full refund of the price paid for the Products in accordance with our refunds policy (set out on the returns page). 3.2 To cancel a Contract, you must inform us in writing. You must also return the Product(s) to us immediately, in the same condition in which you received them, and at your own cost and risk. You have a legal obligation to take reasonable care of the Products while they are in your possession. If you fail to comply with this obligation, we may have a right of action against you for compensation.3.4 Details of this statutory right, and an explanation of how to exercise it, are provided in the Dispatch Confirmation. This provision does not affect your statutory rights.
4. Risk and Title4.1 The Products will be at your risk from the time of delivery.4.2 Ownership of the Products will only pass to you when we receive full payment of all sums due in respect of the Products, including delivery charges.
5. Price and Payment5.1 The price of any Products will be as quoted in pounds sterling on the site from time to time, except in cases of obvious error. 5.2 These prices where applicable include VAT but exclude delivery costs, which will be added to the total amount due set out on the deliveries page. 5.3 Prices are liable to change at any time, but changes will not affect orders in respect of which we have already sent you a Dispatch Confirmation.5.4 It is always possible that, despite our best efforts, some of the Products listed may be incorrectly priced. We will normally verify prices as part of our dispatch procedures so that, where a Product’s correct price is less than our stated price, we will charge the lower amount when dispatching the Product to you. If a Product’s correct price is higher than the price stated on our site, we will normally, at our discretion, either contact you for instructions before dispatching the Product, or reject your order and notify you of such rejection. 5.5 We are under no obligation to provide the Product to you at the incorrect (lower) price, even after we have sent you a Dispatch Confirmation, if the pricing error is obvious and unmistakeable and could have reasonably been recognised by you as a mis-pricing.5.6 Payment for all Products must be through the SECPay online processing system. You must pay for all products before they will be dispatched to you.
6. Our Liability
6.1 We warrant to you that (a) any Product purchased from us through this site is of satisfactory quality and reasonably fit for all the purposes for which products of the kind are commonly supplied provided that whilst we will use all reasonable efforts to ensure that the Product conforms to the colour shown on the website, variation in colour is inevitable and will depend to some extent on your computer monitor. A reasonable variation from the illustrated colour will not constitute a breach of contract by us or entitle you to return the Products, and6.2 Our liability for losses you suffer as a result of us breaking this agreement is strictly limited to the purchase price of the Product you purchased. 6.3 This does not include or limit in any way our liability:(a) For death or personal injury caused by our negligence;(b) Under section 2(3) of the Consumer Protection Act 1987; (c) For fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; (d) For any deliberate breaches of these Terms by us that would entitle you to terminate the contract between us; or(e) For any matter for which it would be illegal for us to exclude, or attempt to exclude, our liability.6.4 We are not responsible for indirect losses which happen as a side effect of the main loss or damage even if such losses result from a deliberate breach of these Terms by us that would entitle you to terminate the contract between us, including but not limited to:(a) loss of income or revenue(b) loss of business(c) loss of profits or contracts(d) loss of anticipated savings(e) loss of data, or(f) waste of management or office time however arising and whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable;
7. Written Communications
Applicable laws require that some of the information or communications we send to you should be in writing. When using the site, you accept that communication with us will be mainly electronic. We will contact you by e-mail or provide you with information by posting notices on this website. For contractual purposes, you agree to this electronic means of communication and you acknowledge that all contracts, notices, information and other communications that we provide to you electronically comply with any legal requirement that such communications be in writing. This condition does not affect your statutory rights.
8. Transfer of Rights and Obligations
8.1 The contract between you and us is binding on you and us and on our respective successors and assigns. 8.2 You may not transfer, assign, charge or otherwise dispose of a Contract, or any of your rights or obligations arising under it, without our prior written consent. 8.3 We may transfer, assign, charge, sub-contract or otherwise dispose of a Contract, or any of our rights or obligations arising under it, at any time during the term of the Contract.
9.0. Events Outside Our Control9.1 We will not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of our obligations under a Contract that is caused by events outside our reasonable control (Force Majeure Event). See Not On The High Street Terms and Conditions for more information.
10. Entire Agreement
10.1. These terms and conditions and any document expressly referred to in them represent the entire agreement between us in relation to the subject matter of any Contract and supersede any prior agreement, understanding or arrangement between us, whether oral or in writing.
11. Our Right To Vary These Terms and Conditions
11.1 We have the right to revise and amend these terms and conditions from time to time.11.2 You will be subject to the policies and terms and conditions in force at the time that you order products from us, unless any change to those policies or these terms and conditions is required to be made by law or governmental authority (in which case it will apply to orders previously placed by you), or if we notify you of the change to those policies or these terms and conditions before we send you the Dispatch Confirmation (in which case we have the right to assume that you have accepted the change to the terms and conditions, unless you notify us to the contrary within seven working days of receipt by you of the Products).
Please see notonthehighstreet.com's terms & conditions.