Say it the Candelle & Co Way
Candelle & Co is a small family business located in Glasgow, Scotland, established 2015 and is an ever growing brand.
As a company we have our own branded products. We specialise in bespoke candles. Our candles are hand-poured with the finest soy wax and scents. We produce our candles and design and print our own labels in a little studio in Glasgow within our home. We take pride in knowing that is is all done by ourselves and makes it all worth while when the finished product is packaged and sent off to its new owner.
Our supportive customer service team is available seven days a week, so there is always someone on hand to answer your questions or to help you find the right product for you and your budget.
Please see notonthehighstreet.com's delivery policy.
Please see notonthehighstreet.com's returns policy.
2 PARK MAINS HOLDINGS, ERSKINE, Renfrewshire, PA8 6AH, GB
WOODEN WICKS - How to get the best use from your wooden wick Candle -
Light the wick all the way across,not just on one end. This helps the candle to burn evenly.
Allow the candle to burn until the wax melts out to all the edges of the vessel. This may take from about 30 to 60 minutes. The flame height may vary at times and occasionally even appear to self-extinguish, but do not worry, Even if you are experiencing a 'low' flame, it will continue to heat and the flame height will return to normal.
The recommended burn time is 3-4 hours.
Keep the candle away from drafts, such as ceiling fans, air conditioners or breezes.
Never move or handle the candle while burning. This is very unsafe, and pouring or removing liquid wax from the vessel will cause the wick to extinguish.
Keep the wick trimmed to between ? and ¼ inch. If the candle begins to smoke, or if the flame height is greater than 1½ inches, gently blow out the candle, allow the wick and wax to cool, and trim the wick by gently running your finger across the top of it. Remove all wick trimmings before relighting.
For your safety the candle is designed to self-extinguish when ? inch of wax remains.
• Please note that due to the nature of pure soy wax, minor shrinkage and expansion is normal based on environment temperature.
FIRE SAFETY & CANDLES
There’s a special beauty and tranquility to candles, but a lighted candle is also an open flame, and a potential fire hazard if not carefully monitored. In fact, accidental candle fires are from careless candle safety. Please read the instructions of any candle you purchase before using it. prevent fire by following these safety rules.
Never leave a burning candle unattended.
Never burn a candle on or near anything that might catch fire.
Keep candles out of the reach of children and pets.
The National Candle Association urges consumers to always follow the basic rules of fire safety when burning candles.
HOW TO BURN A CANDLE SAFELY
Trim the wick to ¼ inch each time before burning. Long or crooked wicks can cause uneven burning, dripping or flaring.
Always use a candle holder specifically designed for candle use. It should be heat resistant, sturdy, and large enough to contain any drips or melted wax.
Burn candles in a well-ventilated room.
Place the candle holder on a stable, heat-resistant surface. This will also help prevent possible heat damage to counters and table surfaces and prevent glass containers from cracking or breaking.
Keep the wax pool clear of wick trimmings, matches and debris at all times.
Avoid drafts, vents or air currents. This will help prevent rapid or uneven burning, sooting, and excessive dripping.
Follow the manufacturer’s recommendations on burn time and proper use.
Never touch or move a burning candle. Never move a votive or container candle when the wax is liquefied.
Don’t burn a candle all the way down. For a margin of safety, discontinue burning a candle when 2 inches of wax remains (1/2 inch if in a container).
Place burning candles at least three inches apart from one another. This is to make sure they don’t melt one another, or create their own drafts that will cause the candles to burn improperly.
Extinguish a candle if the flame becomes too high or flickers repeatedly. Let the candle cool, trim the wick, and check for unwanted drafts before re-lighting.
Always keep the candle within your sight. If you are going to leave the room, be sure to first blow out all candles.
Always burn candles in a well-ventilated room. Don’t burn too many candles in a small room or in a “tight” home where air exchange is limited.
Never use a candle as a night light.
Be very careful if using candles during a power outage. Flashlights and other battery-powered lights are safer sources of light during a power failure. Never use a candle during a power outage to look for things in a closet, or when fueling equipment – such as a lantern or kerosene heater.
Never burn a candle on or near anything that can catch fire. Keep burning candles away from furniture, drapes, bedding, carpets, books, paper, flammable decorations, etc.
Keep candles out of the reach of children and pets. Do not place lighted candles where they can be knocked over by children, pets or anyone else.
Use a candle snuffer to extinguish a candle. It’s the safest way to prevent hot wax from splattering.
Never use water to extinguish a candle. Water can cause the hot wax to splatter and might break a glass container.
Make sure the candle is completely out and the wick ember is no longer glowing before leaving the room.
Don’t touch or move the candle until it has completely cooled.
Never use a knife or sharp object to remove wax drippings from a glass holder. It might scratch, weaken, or cause the glass to break upon subsequent use.
Please see notonthehighstreet.com's terms & conditions.