privacy and data security
what we do with the stuff we know
notonthehighstreet's privacy commitment
The notonthehighstreet.com website is owned and operated by NOTHS. We are committed to safeguarding your privacy online. We will only collect, store and use your personal information for specific purposes. We use your personal information to support and enhance our relationship with you. We only share your personal information in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and other applicable laws. You may contact NOTHS at any time with any privacy questions or concerns and to see the personal information you have given us and request correction.
information about you
When a customer or partner (this is what we call our sellers) registers at notonthehighstreet.com we ask for information such as your name, e-mail address, postal address, and contact details, and then we keep a record of this information. All this is necessary so we can recognise you as a registered customer, pass on the correct details with your order, and ensure that you are happy with the service you receive. We keep a record of any purchase you make from any of the partners’ stores at notonthehighstreet.com. This means both they and (in some instances) we can help to deal more quickly with any queries or problems you may have, and also so we can ensure that any information that we send to you is relevant.
We keep a record of any e-mail correspondence you send us, so we can track any problems or concerns you've had with any of the partners' stores on our website.
We'll also ask you questions at registration, and from time to time by email, that will give us information that will be used to improve your experience of shopping at notonthehighstreet.com. You do not have to answer these questions, but if you do we can communicate with you in a more relevant way.
If you would like to revise the information you have provided to us, or feel that what we currently have on record is incorrect, you may update the information by contacting us: https://www.notonthehighstreet.com/contact.
how we use your personal data
All the information we collect via our website or through correspondence with you is used to operate and improve the service we offer you and to personalise our service. We are committed to using your personal information only for:
- Passing on your orders to your chosen notonthehighstreet.com partner(s) and the group gifting application provider so they can supply goods and services to you and for customer administration.
- Planning and managing notonthehighstreet.com's business activities, including analysis of customers' shopping habits, product and style preferences.
- Technical administration of our website.
- Providing you with information about the services we offer.
- Letting you know about offers and news from notonthehighstreet.com.
- Letting you know about offers, news and products from partner stores on our site.
- Occasionally letting you know about offers from other companies who we believe may interest you, either by sending out the information ourselves to you directly, or by providing certain details to other companies so they may contact you directly.
- To verify details of your payment method or credit card account.
- Passing on details of your order (but not payment details) and personal information where you have purchased a gift from a wedding list on notonthehighstreet.com to the users who created such wedding list.
During your registration process you are given the opportunity to select some of the ways in which we may use your details.
These are the circumstances in which we may share some of your data with others:
- To outside research companies whom we may ask to contact you directly for your opinions on our service, and our partners' products and services (in which case we provide them with only the information they need to perform their function).
- We occasionally make names, addresses and email addresses available to companies whose products we think may interest you, unless you have subsequently withdrawn that permission.
- If we are requested by the police or a regulatory or government authority investigating illegal activities to provide information concerning your activities whilst using the network we shall do so.
- To the users who created a wedding list on notonthehighstreet.com if you have purchased a gift from such wedding list.
- To the group gifting application provider to the extent required in order to supply the group gifting service to you.
- If a customer recommends you as part of our 'refer-a-friend' scheme, we shall notify them that you are already a shopper with NOTHS. We will not share any of your purchase or other details with that customer.
managing your orders
We may monitor and review communications between you and our partners on our Content Management System (CMS), solely for the purposes of ensuring that your orders are managed appropriately by our partners and our customer service team, and in accordance with the terms and conditions that we have in place with our partners.
A cookie is a small text file that a website can send to your computer's browser. It's like an internet user's identification card, which tells a website when a user is re-visiting the site. Their ability is limited to containing and transferring to the website as much information as the users have disclosed to that site. Cookies can't read or interfere with other information saved on your hard drive. The notonthehighstreet.com website (in common with most other shopping websites) will not work without cookies.
In addition to the cookies set by notonthehighstreet.com in order to ensure the site functions as it should, you may also find the following cookies:
|COOKIE PROVIDER||WHAT THEIR COOKIES ARE USED FOR|
|Criteo; Struq||notonthehighstreet.com work with third party agencies Criteo and Struq to display banner advertising on other selected websites within their display networks. The cookies used by Criteo and Struq help us to monitor and improve the effectiveness of our banner advertising and to refine the targeting of these campaigns so that we are displaying the most relevant content for each individual. The information collected through these cookies is anonymous and does not identify specific individuals.|
|ShareThis||Share This allows customers to share content, products and web pages from our website with other websites and social networking sites. The cookies used by Share This allow us to track the type of content, products and pages that our users are sharing to help us better understand which content is most engaging for our customers so that we can improve the content and customer experience in other areas of the website.|
|YourAmigo||YourAmigo help us create additional pages on the site that are optimised to help customers more easily find them when searching within search engines. The cookies used by YourAmigo help us to identify those pages that need to be built and monitor how effective the new pages are. The information collected through these cookies is anonymous and does not identify specific individuals.|
data over the internet
The internet is a global network, so it is possible for your data to travel internationally, which may include places outside the European Union. If you visit or shop at notonthehighstreet.com, you're agreeing and authorising us to process data in this way.
how we protect information
You acknowledge that the Internet is not a 100% secure medium for communication and, accordingly, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you send to us (or we send to you) via the Internet. We are not responsible for any damages which you, or others, may suffer as a result of the loss of confidentiality of such information.
We take every precaution to protect your information. To this end all personal information stored by us is kept on a server in a secure environment. Only employees, our partners and any sub-contractors (such as SECPay) who need the information to perform a specific job are granted access to personally identifiable information.
how you can help us protect your information
Please keep in mind that whenever you voluntarily disclose personal information online in non-protected environments - for example on message boards, through email, or in chat areas - that information can be collected and used by others. In short, if you post personal information online that is accessible to the public, you may receive unsolicited messages from other parties in return. Also remember to close your browser window when you have finished your work. This is to ensure that others cannot access your personal information and correspondence if you share a computer with someone else or are using a computer in a public place like a library or Internet café. We cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission, we make our best effort to ensure its security on our systems.
To see all the information we have about you, and to correct any inaccuracies, please write to us at: notonthehighstreet.com, First Floor, Lion House, Red Lion Street, Richmond, Surrey, TW9 1RE.
how to unsubscribe
If you no longer wish to receive any further email messages, post or other communications from us or you no longer wish to be contacted by other companies who you permitted us to provide your details to then please change your communication preferences accordingly here.
our sellers' privacy policies
Our partners and the group gifting application provider are bound by the same legislation as us, and if they gather or keep your information, they must give you all relevant information about their policy, as well as giving you the opportunity to opt in or out of certain ways in which they might use that information.