Welcome to Bespoke Verse.
We are a small business based in Hertfordshire, creating unique, rhyming gifts and personalised poems. Our aim is to help our customers find just the right words for those important occasions.
Joanna Miller set up the business at her kitchen table after giving her own wedding speech in rhyme. She read poetic extracts from the bridgegroom's 'diary'. So many commissions followed, that in 2012 Bespoke Verse was born. And yes, her husband is finally speaking to her again!
As a specialist poetry company, we pride ourselves on our way with words. Joanna has an Oxford degree in English, and she writes all the verses on the 'off the shelf' products herself.
Joanna works with talented British artists and graphic designers she meets - together they create stylish prints in a variety of designs that can be personalised with messages.
We use the best quality materials, including bone china mugs, 100% cotton tea towels and hand-finished frames made to our specifications. Each print is created in our Berkhamsted studio to order by our hard-working team. In fact, in buying from us you are supporting at least 8 other small UK businesses!
Part of our range includes witty bespoke poems which are written entirely from scratch - Joanna has created a team of professional writers that she knows and trusts. These fully personalised poems have been described as 'gifts of lifetime'.
Bespoke Verse has featured on Dragons' Den, BBC and Heart Radio, Channel 4's Gogglebox and in lots of 'glossies' including VOGUE, Prima, Woman & Home, Easy Living, Good Housekeeping and OK! Magazine. We have many returning and celebrity customers.
Joanna is an Ambassador for notonthehighstreet.com. As their 'Less Ordinary Poets', we enjoyed tweeting over 50 bespoke poems to NOTHS customers for Valentine's Day 2015.
We love what we do, so please get in touch if you have any special requests. We will help if we can!
- Partner of The Year Collaboration 2016 - notonthehighstreet.com
- Online Retailer of the Year 2016 - Hertfordshire Digital Awards
- Website of the Year (Marketing and Creative) 2016 - Hertfordshire Digital Awards
- Creative Business of the Year 2016 - Hertfordshire FSB
- Partner of The Year 2015 - notonthehighstreet.com
- The Poetry Prize 2015 - Bloombury Publishing & The National Literacy Strategy
- Most Promising New Business 2015 - Hertfordshire Chamber of Commerce
- Most Inspirational Mumpreneur 2015 - Mumpreneur UK
- Most Popular Wedding Writer 2013, 2014, 2015 - Wedding Industry Experts
- Most Innovative Wedding Supplier 2013 - Ice the Cake