- These terms and conditions (the “Conditions”) apply between you (the “Seller”) and Notonthehighstreet
Enterprises Limited (“we”, “us”), in connection with the provision of the Service to
you by us.
- It is important that you read and understand these terms and conditions before agreeing to them.
- NOTHS shall be entitled to amend the Conditions, the Charges or all or any of them from time to time by posting such
amended versions of them on the NOTHS Website. The Seller acknowledges that it is its responsibility to check
the NOTHS Website on a regular basis to make and keep itself aware and notified of any changes made by NOTHS
to the Conditions, the Charges or all or any of them. Where reasonably practicable, NOTHS shall provide not less
than thirty (30) days’ written notice to the Seller of any material amendment to the Conditions or the
Charges. Notwithstanding the foregoing, NOTHS reserves the right to make amendments to the Conditions and/or
the Charges from time to time without notice, or providing less than ninety days’ notice, to the Seller,
where NOTHS reasonably considers:
- such changes not to be material; or
- that it is otherwise not reasonably practicable to provide thirty (30) days’ written notice.
DEFINITIONS AND INTERPRETATION
In these Conditions, the following words shall have the following meanings only and shall not affect the interpretation
or construction of the Conditions:
"Application Form" means the form accessible on the NOTHS Website to a prospective Seller which must be completed and
agreed by the prospective Seller as a part of the application process;
“Cancellable Product” means any Product other than a Non-Cancellable Product;
"Charges" means the charges detailed in clause 15 of these Conditions and notified to you by NOTHS in writing;
"CMS" means the content management system provided by NOTHS to each Seller for management of its Storefront and associated
"Conditions" means these terms and conditions and any document referred to in them, or any amended version of them brought
into effect from time to time in accordance with these Conditions;
“Confidential Information” means any information that would be regarded as confidential by a reasonable business
person relating to the business, affairs, customers, clients, suppliers, plans, operations, processes, product information,
know-how, designs, trade secrets or software of either party;
"Currency Conversion Fee" means the currency conversion fee referred to in clause 15 (charges);
"Customer" means a person(s), firm or company who enters into or is invited to enter into any transaction to purchases
Product(s) from the Seller through the Site;
"Customer Feedback" means any and all information provided to us by a Customer via our customer feedback service regarding
any goods and/or services provided by the Seller in respect of a particular transaction with that Customer (including
in respect of any communications with the Seller), which may include any opinions about the Seller;
"Customer Terms" means the terms and conditions relating to a Customer set out here;
"Data Protection Legislation" means
- the Data Protection Act 1998 unless and until it is superseded and replaced by the General Data Protection Regulation ((EU) 2016/679) (the "GDPR") and any national implementing laws, regulations and secondary
legislation, as amended or updated from time to time, in the UK and then
- any successor legislation to the GDPR;
"Documentation" means any user guide, information or other material provided by NOTHS to prospective or existing Sellers,
in hard copy or electronic form, relating to the Service;
"Exclusive" means the sale of a Product on the NOTHS Website only, and not through any other online or offline channel,
including the Seller’s own website (if applicable).
"Gift Voucher Funds" means an amount paid by the Customer to NOTHS as principle as payment for a gift voucher made available
by NOTHS through the NOTHS Website;
"IPR" means all the intellectual property rights conferred by the law of any country or jurisdiction in the world (including
by statute) as amended or re-enacted (by common law, civil law, equity or otherwise) in relation to any invention,
discovery, literary work, dramatic work, musical work, artistic work, copyright, database, trade mark, service mark,
design (whether two dimensional or three dimensional), patents, semiconductor topography, confidential information,
know-how, trade secret, and in each case whether or not it has been reduced to a material form, and howsoever it
may be recorded, stored or embodied (including in an electronic or transient medium), including all applications
for such rights as well as all extensions and renewals of such rights;
"Joining Fee" has the meaning ascribed to it in clause 15 (Charges);
"Non-Cancellable Product” has the meaning ascribed to it in paragraph A.vi of Clause 8 (Returns & Refunds)
"NOTHS" means Notonthehighstreet Enterprises Limited (a company incorporated and registered in England and Wales with
company number 5591382) whose registered office is at: NOTHS House, 63 Kew Road, Richmond, Surrey, TW9 2NQ;
"NOTHS Website" means http://www.notonthehighstreet.com or such other worldwide web address that NOTHS in its sole discretion
selects as a replacement;
"Notonthehighstreet.com" means the trading name of the NOTHS Website;
“Personal Data” has the meaning given to it in the Data Protection Legislation;
“Personal Data Breach” means a breach of security (caused or contributed to by internal and/or
external factors) leading to the accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorised disclosure
of, or access to, Personal Data;
"Policies" means any policy (including any guides relating to content and style) which may be notified and made available
to the Seller by NOTHS through the CMS from time to time;
"Products" means the goods, services or information that Sellers wish to promote and sell through the Site;
“Product Page” means the particular web page on the Seller’s Storefront on which an individual Product
is displayed and the relevant information relating to that Product is provided;
“Product Submission Process” means the process for bringing and maintaining any Product on Site, as updated
from time to time;
“Re-activation Fee” has the meaning ascribed to it in Clause 15.B of these Conditions;
"Refund Fee" has the meaning ascribed to it in Clause 15.F of these Conditions;
"Renewal Date" means twelve months from the commencement of these Conditions in accordance with Clause 3, or such other
period as may be advised by NOTHS in writing, and each anniversary thereafter;
“Response” means a response by the Seller to any Customer Feedback;
"Returns & Refunds Procedures" means the procedures set out in Clause 8 (Returns and Refunds) of these Conditions
or as may be updated by NOTHS from time to time and displayed within the Customer Terms;
"Seller" means a person whose application to the Site has been accepted by NOTHS, and who sells its Products through
"Seller Information" means information, data or content provided by the Seller in any form or medium, whether or not
such information is owned by the Seller, contained in the Application Form, uploaded to the Seller’s Storefront
or given by the Seller to NOTHS for whatever purpose, whether directly or on the Seller’s behalf;
"Service" means the Site and other services provided by NOTHS, as further described in these Conditions;
"Single Commission Fee" has the meaning ascribed to it in Clause 15.D of these Conditions;
"Site" means the online marketplace provided by NOTHS through the NOTHS Website to facilitate the promotion and sale
of Sellers' Products;
"Software" means any software installed by or on behalf of NOTHS that permits Sellers to access and trade through the
"Storefront" means an area of the Site dedicated for use by the Seller to promote itself and its Products;
"Subscription Fee" has the meaning ascribed to it in clause 15 (Charges);
"Term" means a period of twelve months, unless another period is agreed in writing by NOTHS, from either (a) the date
when the contract is concluded between NOTHS and the Seller in accordance with Clause 3.A or (b) a subsequent Renewal
“Upgrade Fee” has the meaning ascribed to it in clause 15 (Charges);
"Value Added Tax" means value added, sales or services tax, or any similar tax imposed in any jurisdiction;
"Virus" means any computer virus, macro virus, trojan horse, worm or anything else designed to interfere with, interrupt
or disrupt the normal operating procedures of a computer or network, or to intercept or access without authority
or expropriate any system, information or data;
“Working Day” means any day other than a Saturday or Sunday on which banks are open for business in
The headings to clauses are inserted for convenience only and shall not affect the interpretation or construction of
Words expressed in the singular shall include the plural and vice versa. Words referring to a particular gender include
References to a person include an individual, company, corporation, firm or partnership.
References to any statute or statutory provision shall include:
- any subordinate legislation made under it;
- any provision which it has modified or re-enacted (whether with or without modification); and
- any provision which subsequently supersedes it or re-enacts it (whether with or without modification).
All references in these Conditions to clauses are to the clauses in these Conditions unless otherwise stated.
References to the words "include", "includes", "including", "in particular" or any similar words do not limit the words
proceeding or following.
TERM AND TERMINATION
- The term of these Conditions (the “Term”) shall commence after:
- NOTHS has received an Application Form from the prospective Seller completed to the satisfaction of NOTHS; and
- NOTHS has notified the prospective Seller in writing of its acceptance of the Seller’s Application Form.
It shall be entirely at the discretion of NOTHS whether or not to accept a Seller’s Application Form;
- and the Joining Fee (if payable in accordance with Clause 15.C.) has been paid by the Seller.
- Without prejudice to either party's right to terminate the Conditions under the remainder of this clause 3, these
Conditions shall continue in force unless and until either party notifies the other in writing at least 30 days
prior to the expiry of the current Term.
- NOTHS may immediately suspend provision of the Service or terminate the Conditions without liability to NOTHS by
notifying the Seller in writing if:
- the Seller commits a material breach of the Conditions (including a material breach of any of the Policies) and,
if capable of remedy, fails to remedy the breach within fourteen (14) days of a written notice to do so;
- the Seller fails to pay any Charges payable to NOTHS within seven working days of its due date for payment under
- the Seller is the subject of a bankruptcy order, or becomes insolvent, or makes any arrangement or composition
with or assignment for the benefit of its creditors, or goes into voluntary liquidation (otherwise than for
the purposes of reconstruction or amalgamation) or compulsory liquidation, or a receiver or administrator
is appointed over its assets, or if the equivalent of any such events under the laws of any relevant jurisdiction
occurs to the Seller; or
- in NOTHS's sole discretion, a Seller's eligibility or suitability to be listed on the Site, or otherwise receive
the Service, changes.
- Notwithstanding any such termination or suspension in accordance with the foregoing clause:
- the Seller shall pay NOTHS all Charges due up to and including the date of suspension or termination; and
- termination of this agreement shall not affect any accrued rights or liabilities of either party nor shall it
affect the coming into force, or the continuance in force, of any provision hereof which is expressly or
by implication intended to come into or continue in force after such termination.
THE SERVICE PROVIDED BY US
- Following commencement of the Term, NOTHS will:
- provide a password so that the Seller may construct a Storefront and update the Storefront whenever such functions
are made available by NOTHS;
- provide the Service with reasonable skill and care; and
- use reasonable endeavours to restore any faults in the Service as soon as reasonably practicable. The Seller
acknowledges that the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure, there is always
a risk that communications by electronic means may not reach their intended destination, or may do so much
later than intended, for reasons outside NOTHS's control, and that it is technically impossible to provide
the Service entirely free of fault at all times.
- NOTHS reserves the right to revise or alter the Service at any time. Any variation in the Service will be subject
to the Conditions.
- The Site provides a platform to allow Sellers to offer and sell their Products directly to Customers. In doing so,
the Seller authorises and appoints NOTHS as its commercial agent to directly negotiate and/or conclude the sale
and/or purchase of Products between the Seller and Customers via the NOTHS Services and NOTHS accepts this appointment
on the terms of these Conditions. As part of this process:
- any contract to sell and buy Products is made only between the Seller and Customer concerned and NOTHS is not
a party to any such contract;
- NOTHS facilitates the negotiation of the sale of Products between Customers and Sellers through the use of the
CMS and e-mail communication services operated and managed by NOTHS, together with the NOTHS Services that
contribute to increasing the Seller’s goodwill, promote the Seller’s Products and generally encourage
Customers to place orders with Sellers.
- Products offered for sale through the NOTHS Website are neither owned nor come into the possession of NOTHS at
- The Seller hereby acknowledges that NOTHS has sole and complete discretion whether to invite or select prospective
Sellers to subscribe to use of the Service.
- The Site provides a system of Customer Feedback, which may be obtained and/or facilitated by a third party service
provider selected by NOTHS (the “Third Party”). By using the Site and Service the Seller agrees that:
- NOTHS and/or the Third Party may, in its discretion, post on the Seller’s relevant Product Page and on
the Third Party website any and all Customer Feedback relating to the transaction in question for a period
of up to two (2) years after NOTHS and/or the Third Party receives such Customer Feedback;
- Following the provision of any Customer Feedback, NOTHS shall make such Customer Feedback available to the Seller
via the CMS. The Seller may submit a Response to any negative Customer Feedback via the facility provided
by NOTHS on the CMS, and NOTHS and any Third Party will display any such Response with reasonable prominence
and proximity to the corresponding Customer Feedback. The Seller agrees that it shall not contact any Customer
directly, whether via the CMS through an order or product enquiry or otherwise in response to any Customer
- The Seller will ensure that any Response is true and accurate and not misleading in any way, and does not contain
any material that may be construed as offensive, defamatory or unlawful.
- NOTHS may, in its sole discretion and in accordance with the applicable terms and conditions of any Third Party
elect to amend, or not to post, any Response that NOTHS and/or the Third Party consider, in their sole discretion,
to be offensive, defamatory, unlawful or otherwise inappropriate.
- NOTHS may from time to time introduce a Seller to third parties with whom special terms have been arranged unique
to Sellers. Any contract entered into between Sellers and any such third party is concluded directly between
the Seller and the third party concerned and, except as expressly set out in these Seller Terms, NOTHS cannot
be involved in the fulfilment or liability for any such contracts.
YOUR OBLIGATIONS – WHAT YOU PROMISE
The Seller warrants that:
- it is incorporated and/or established (whether as a company, partnership, unincorporated association, or sole
trader) in the United Kingdom or the Republic of Ireland; and
- it has a trading (operating) address in the United Kingdom or the Republic of Ireland.
- The Seller hereby undertakes to:
- establish and maintain access to the World Wide Web at their own cost, through use of a computer and
modem or other access device;
- ensure that at all times all computer hardware and software it uses to access and interoperate with the
Site is equipped and functions with up-to-date software (including up-to-date internet browser software)
and up-to-date protection against Viruses; and
- to ensure that information supplied electronically to NOTHS and to the NOTHS Website is submitted free
- NOTHS has no responsibility for the provision, support and maintenance of any of the Seller's hardware or
software used to provide the Seller with access to the internet or the NOTHS Website, or any related
hardware or software (including any IP router, proxy server, firewall or anti-virus software), the responsibility
for which shall remain exclusively with the Seller.
- The Seller:
- is responsible for the security and proper use of all passwords, or other security devices used in connection
with the provision of the Service and access to the Storefront (which responsibility shall include the
obligation to change passwords on a regular basis);
- shall take all necessary steps to ensure that passwords and other security devices remain confidential, secure,
used properly and not disclosed to unauthorised third parties;
- shall inform NOTHS immediately if there is any reason to believe that a password or any other security device
has or is likely to become known to someone not authorised to use it, or is being or is likely to be
used in an unauthorised way;
- shall inform NOTHS immediately if the Seller forgets or loses a password and must satisfy such security checks
as NOTHS may operate in order to obtain a new password; and
- shall ensure that the CMS and its content remains entirely confidential, and that no other person beside
those in the Seller's employment has sight of the CMS or any of its content.
- NOTHS reserves the right:
- to suspend access to the Service if at any time NOTHS considers that there is or is likely to be a breach
of security, in which event NOTHS will notify the Seller of the suspension and any steps to be taken
by it as soon as reasonably practicable; and
- to require the Seller to change any or all of the passwords used by the Seller in connection with the provision
of the Service and access to the Storefront, in which event NOTHS will notify the Seller of the requirement
to change passwords and any further steps to be taken by the Seller as soon as reasonably practicable.
- NOTHS has absolute discretion as to:
- the look, feel and content of the NOTHS Website (including all Storefronts);
- the inclusion, positioning, content, location and all other presentation of Seller Information (including
in NOTHS' sole discretion the right to remove any Seller Information from the NOTHS Website at any time
during the Term); and
- the Product set live on the NOTHS Website (including in NOTHS’ sole discretion the right to remove
any Product from the NOTHS Website pursuant to one or more of the Policies or otherwise, or not allow
a Product to be set live for sale on the NOTHS Website).
- The Seller shall at all times comply with all Policies and the Product Submission Process as updated from time
- Quality of Presentation
- The Seller shall:
- ensure that its Storefront maintains a high standard of presentation and at all times accords with any
applicable guidelines notified to it from time to time by NOTHS, including in relation to the form
and content of copy and product imagery;
- comply with reasonable instructions from NOTHS concerning its Storefront.
- Any failure to maintain suitably high standards of page presentation may result in the de-activation of the
relevant Product Page(s) in the first instance. NOTHS reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to
de-activate the Seller’s Storefront until standards have been improved.
- Seller and Product Information
- The Seller shall ensure that all Seller Information provided about itself and the Products on its Storefront
is and remains true, accurate, current and complete;
- Without prejudice to the Seller's obligation to comply with any Policies, the Seller undertakes and agrees
that none of its Seller Information nor any of the Seller's activities or use of the NOTHS Website (including
its use of its Storefront), will:
- be false, inaccurate or misleading;
- be offensive, indecent, obscene, pornographic, menacing, abusive or defamatory;
- be in breach of any applicable law or regulation;
- adversely affect the reputation of NOTHS or the NOTHS brand;
- create, or be likely to create, liability for NOTHS or cause NOTHS to lose (in whole or in part) the
services of its internet service or other suppliers;
- contain any Virus; and
- cause the Site or the CMS or their functionality to be interrupted, damaged or impaired in any way.
- The Seller shall:
- where applicable, state clearly on the relevant Product page that a Product is a personalised or specially-made
Product, and/or that such Product requires a Customer approval of proof prior to its production by
the Seller, and shall display the relevant corresponding delivery times;
- if a Product is a Non-Cancellable Product, state clearly on the relevant Product page that such product
cannot be cancelled by the Customer; and
- display the Seller's expected delivery times and postage and packing costs on the appropriate areas of
the Seller's Storefront.
- The Seller shall not include within its Storefront, on the CMS, any other place on the NOTHS Website or in
any other means of communication with the Customer:
- any direct or indirect link to other websites including the Seller's own website;
- its email address; or
- any other means by which a Customer could communicate directly with the Seller, other than through the
- Sellers may amend and update information about their Products displayed on the Site and are responsible for
designing, creating, managing and amending any bespoke graphics or product images in accordance with
the applicable Policies.
- Stock Information
- The Seller shall accurately display stock availability for all Products and shall update such stock availability
regularly using the 'out of stock' and 'is available' options on the CMS.
- Where new stock for ‘out of stock’ Products is due to be available to the customer within four
weeks, it must state on its Storefront the date on which it expects that stock to become available.
- Once the final piece of stock of any Product has been sold and will no longer be available, the Seller must
mark that item as discontinued on its Storefront.
- The Seller shall remove Products from its Storefront that are awaiting stock for prolonged periods (four
weeks or more) until they become available again.
- If a Customer places an order for an item which is in fact out of stock and has not been displayed as such
and the Customer consequently requires a refund, then the Seller may be charged the Single Commission
Fee on that order by NOTHS.
- The Seller's prices must be fully inclusive of all taxes and additional charges. The only exception to this
is postage and packing which, if such charges apply in accordance with the NOTHS ‘Delivery and
Fulfilment Policy’, the Seller will show separately.
- If the Seller is VAT registered, the Seller should set the VAT rate at the level which is currently in force
in the UK with respect to the Seller's Products.
- The Seller is solely responsible for ensuring that it fully complies with current VAT regulations and accounting
for VAT correctly.
- The Seller has complete discretion over how it wishes to price its Products.
- Product listing and categorisation
- The Seller shall upload its Product range and work cooperatively with the NOTHS production team so that NOTHS
is able to set the Seller’s Storefront live on the NOTHS Website within three (3) months of the
Seller paying the Joining Fee.
- If the Seller fails to comply with Clause 5.C.vi.a., NOTHS may suspend the Seller’s membership and
charge the Seller a Re-activation Fee as detailed in Clause 15.B of these Conditions, or such other amount
as may be notified to the Seller from time to time. NOTHS shall retain sole discretion as to whether
to accept a Seller’s request for re-activation.
- The Service allows Sellers to offer their Products on the NOTHS Website as part of an 'always on' detailed
electronic online catalogue containing categories and sub-categories, so that Sellers may display each
Product in the single most appropriate category, and with Product information, pictures and promotions
uploaded by them.
- The Seller may apply for a Product to be featured in one or more online catalogue categories, and NOTHS shall
retain absolute discretion as to which category is the most appropriate for a given Product.
- Subject to paragraph f. of this clause, a Product shall be featured in no more than one category.
- NOTHS may, in its absolute discretion and where relevant and appropriate, select a Product for inclusion
in a second category.
- The Seller shall ensure that a single Product may appear only once on the Storefront. Variations of a Product
such as colour or size do not constitute separate Products and should not be listed as such.
- The Seller shall ensure that each of the Seller's Product listings contains all the information required
by a Customer to make a purchase, and that such information is wholly accurate. 'Dummy' box filling to
circumnavigate required fields is not permitted.
- The Seller shall not make use of keyword spamming (the use or placement of inappropriate keywords in a title
or description to gain attention or divert users to another page) or similar techniques in Product listings.
- Subject to paragraph j. of this clause, if a Seller wishes to promote the same Product(s) on the NOTHS Website
as another Seller, it shall be solely the responsibility of the relevant Sellers to resolve between themselves
any conflict, whether with regard to IPR or otherwise, that arises in this respect. NOTHS shall have
no liability for any such scenario or any issues arising from it.
COMPLIANCE WITH LAWS
- The Seller shall comply at all times with all applicable laws and regulations including:
- UK and EU anti-trust and competition laws;
- all product safety and product marking laws and regulations, and Trading Standards requirements in respect
of the manufacture, packaging, marking, certification (including, without limitation, CE marking) and
delivery of the Products it sells;
- the Modern Slavery Act 2015; and
- the Bribery Act 2010 (“Bribery Act”).
- In relation to the Seller’s obligations under the UK and EU anti-trust and competition laws, the Seller
shall not exchange (or attempt to exchange) any commercially sensitive information, including information
on any current or future commercial strategies, costs and/or pricing, with any other Seller.
- In relation to the Bribery Act, the Seller shall:
- not engage in any activity, practice or conduct anywhere in the world which would constitute an offence under
the Bribery Act if such activity, practice or conduct had been carried out in the UK;
- maintain in place throughout the Term (and enforce where appropriate) its own policies and procedures to
ensure compliance with the Bribery Act;
- promptly report to NOTHS any request or demand for any undue financial or other advantage of any kind received
by it in connection with the performance of these Conditions; and
- ensure that it imposes written terms on any sub-contractor connected with the matters arising under these
Conditions which are at least equivalent to those imposed on the Seller in this clause.
- Where required by applicable laws and regulations, appropriate instructions shall be included with the Product
to ensure the safe use of the Products.
- Products promoted on the NOTHS Website that are perishable or edible, and cosmetics designed for topical application
to the skin, may not be delivered to any address outside of the UK.
- The Seller shall inform NOTHS as soon as reasonably practicable upon becoming aware of any claim against NOTHS
or the Seller arising out of or in connection with any defect in its Products, or any failure by the Seller
to ensure that the Products are appropriately marked or certified in accordance with applicable laws or regulations.
- The Seller shall indemnify and hold harmless NOTHS against any and all liabilities, costs, expenses, fines, damages
and losses (including any direct, indirect or consequential losses) it incurs in connection with any claim
envisaged under this Clause 5.D. or paid or agreed to be paid by NOTHS in settlement of the claim and all
legal or other expenses incurred by NOTHS in or about the defence or settlement of the claim. NOTHS shall
notify the Seller in writing as soon as practicable after becoming aware of the claim.
- The Seller shall maintain at all times, at its own expense and with reputable insurers appropriate insurance
in relation to its business. The Seller shall, upon written request from NOTHS, provide NOTHS with any information
it reasonably requires concerning the scope of such insurance together with any relevant certificates of
- The Seller shall comply with NOTHS' reasonable instructions relating to any product recall and in any event NOTHS
reserves the right to take immediate and exclusive conduct of the product recall on notice to the Seller,
in which case the Seller shall give such assistance as NOTHS may reasonably require.
- The Seller shall maintain appropriate, up to date and accurate records to enable the immediate recall of any
SUSPENSION OF SERVICE
NOTHS may immediately suspend or terminate the Seller's subscription and use of the Service in the event NOTHS reasonably
believes or suspects that any Seller Information does not comply with the provisions of this clause.
WHERE YOU MAKE YOUR PRODUCTS AVAILABLE
- The Seller may sell Products through any channel except those specified pursuant to the Product Submission Process.
- Any breach of this Clause 6 shall be deemed to be a material breach and NOTHS reserves the right to suspend the relevant
Product from the Site for such period as the breach continues.
- If the Seller chooses to mark a Product as “Exclusive” through the Site, that Product shall, for any
period during which that Product is marked as “Exclusive”, be available only for purchase on an Exclusive
basis, as defined in clause 2 of these Conditions.
ORDERS AND YOUR RELATIONSHIP WITH THE CUSTOMER
THE CONTRACT OF SALE
- The Seller acknowledges and agrees that following acceptance of an order through the CMS, such an acceptance
is also deemed to be an irrevocable instruction by the Seller to NOTHS to conclude a contract of sale between
the Seller and the Customer. The contract of sale between the Seller and the Customer is concluded when NOTHS
(acting as the commercial agent of the Seller) sends an order confirmation email to the Customer, and NOTHS
has no responsibility for the performance of any such contract.
- The Seller acknowledges and agrees that the terms and conditions relating to any such contract shall comprise
the Customer Terms, the email confirmation relating to the Customer's order and the applicable details on
the relevant Product page. The Seller agrees to be bound by all such provisions.
PROCESSING CUSTOMER ORDERS
- NOTHS shall notify the Seller by email of any order awaiting acceptance by the Seller. The Seller acknowledges
that NOTHS does not warrant the reliability of email communications and the Seller must check the CMS daily
for alerts of new orders.
- Following receipt of such notification the Seller shall, within a maximum of two (2) Working Days, and as a matter
of best practice within twenty four (24) hours, confirm its acceptance or rejection of each and every order,
using the CMS, and provide an estimated dispatch date. The Seller shall use its best endeavours to accept
- Following acceptance of an order through the CMS, the Seller shall:
- fulfil the Customer order as soon as reasonably practicable;
- confirm to the Customer the time and method of dispatch;
- dispatch the Customer order to ensure that it reaches the Customer within the timelines advertised on the relevant
Product page and/or in accordance with any subsequent correspondence with the Customer;
- notify the Customer promptly through the CMS at each of the following stages:
- receipt of order notification, with an estimated dispatch date;
- dispatch of an order with an expected delivery date;
- any enquiries relating to the order;
- receipt of an item that has been returned to the Seller; and
- processing of an exchange or refund.
- The Seller shall include with all orders the appropriate NOTHS co-branded dispatch letter, and such additional
documentation or material as may be required and/or provided by NOTHS.
COMMUNICATION WITH CUSTOMERS
- The Seller shall ensure that any and all correspondence with any Customer shall:
- be solely for the purposes of processing and/or progressing a Customer order;
- be via the CMS or, if that is not possible, then at all times include a reference to notonthehighstreet.com;
- not include any reference to the Seller's own website, email address, other correspondence address or any
other promotion of services outside those offered through or by NOTHS.
- The obligations under Clause 7.C.i shall include any material included with the dispatch of a Customer’s
order. NOTHS shall make relevant materials available to purchase on the CMS to help the Seller to fulfil
- Any breach of these Clauses 7.C.i or 7.c.ii shall constitute a material breach of these Conditions and, further,
may constitute a breach of Data Protection Legislation.
- The Seller shall respond to any Customer enquiries or Customer complaints promptly and courteously in the first
instance within one Working Day, and shall advise NOTHS of any escalated unresolved Customer enquiries as
soon as reasonably practicable.
RETURNS AND REFUNDS
- Any requests (whether by phone, e-mail, fax or letter) for refunds or returns for any Products provided by the Seller
to a Customer shall be dealt with directly between the Seller and the relevant Customer through the CMS.
- Following receipt of a request for a refund or return by a Customer (directly or via the Cancellation Form), the
Seller shall initiate the refund directly in accordance with the Returns & Refunds Procedures, as displayed
on the NOTHS Website from time to time, using the Seller's designated CMS.
- Subject to the provisions of the Returns & Refunds Procedures, NOTHS shall approve such refund.
- The Single Commission Fee paid in respect of the refunded Products will be returned to the Seller minus the Refund
Fee, which is not refundable under any circumstances.
- For legal reasons, the Seller must only process refunds through the CMS and NOTHS' current online payment provider
in accordance with the instructions as laid out in the Seller's designated CMS. The Seller shall not issue refunds
by cheque or other means.
- The Seller shall ensure that returns and refunds to the Customer shall be processed in accordance with the following
terms and conditions:
- by law, the Customer may not cancel, return or obtain a refund in relation to the following Products (each a
" Non-cancellable Product "), unless such Product is faulty:
- personalised items that are specifically made to a Customer's specification (e.g. a custom-made print), except
where the Customer has chosen items from pre-determined upgrade options or standard off-the-shelf components.
NOTHS shall determine in its sole discretion as to whether a Product is or is not a personalised item.
For the avoidance of doubt, items with hygiene seals are a Cancellable Product unless they are personalised
- perishable items, including food and flowers;
- audio or video recordings or computer software which a Customer has unsealed;
- newspapers, periodicals or magazines; and
- items that by their nature cannot be returned, such as where it is physically impossible to return items or where
items cannot be restored to the same physical state as they were supplied (e.g. nylon tights),
- subject to paragraphs c., d. and e. of this clause 8, the Seller shall provide Customers with a 28 day period
from the receipt of a Cancellable Product in which Customers can cancel their order and return the Product
to the Seller and obtain a full refund, including delivery charges;
- for the purposes of a monthly gifting Product, a Cancellable Product shall be the first of the series of Products
sent to the recipient by the Seller;
- if the Customer requests a refund for a Cancellable Product then such refund shall be processed by the Seller
(or NOTHS, in line with paragraph 8.A.j below) as soon as possible and in any case no later than:
- 14 days after the day the returned product is received by the Seller; or
- if earlier, 14 days after the date the Customer provides evidence that they have returned the product to
- if a Customer rejects a Product because it is faulty, the Seller shall follow the relevant provisions of the
‘Returns and Refunds’ policy held on the CMS, as updated from time to time;
- the Seller shall provide, in its Storefront, an address in the United Kingdom to which a Customer may return
a Cancellable Product;
- a Refund Fee will be charged to the Seller by NOTHS for any item returned and refunded in accordance with the
‘Returns and Refunds’ policy held on the CMS. The Refund Fee is not refundable;
- NOTHS may process a refund for a Product as the Seller’s payment agent to a Customer where:
- the Seller asks NOTHS to process such refund to a Customer from funds of the Seller held by NOTHS, or upon
payment of such refund amounts to NOTHS by the Seller (including the applicable Refund Fee); or
- in NOTHS’ opinion, a Seller has not acted in accordance with the Returns & Refunds Procedures or
the Conditions, in which case NOTHS shall be reimbursed from funds of the Seller held by NOTHS or the
Seller shall be obliged to reimburse NOTHS for such refund (including the applicable Refund Fee).
DELIVERY AND FULFILMENT
The Seller shall at all times comply with the NOTHS ‘Delivery and Fulfilment Policy’ held on the CMS. Delivery
charges will be calculated and presented to a Customer in accordance with the NOTHS ‘Delivery and Fulfilment
YOUR USE OF THE CMS
- The Seller shall not:
- use the CMS or NOTHS Website beyond the scope of use set out in these Conditions;
- access the CMS unlawfully, modify or make derivative works based on the CMS nor attempt to reverse engineer or
access the CMS with the intention of creating a competitive product or service nor to copy or build any concepts,
features, functions or graphics based on the CMS. The Seller acknowledges that damages may not provide an
adequate remedy for breach of this clause and that NOTHS shall be entitled to seek injunctive relief to prevent
the occurrence or continuance of any alleged breach of this clause.
- The Seller fully acknowledges that the IPR in the CMS are vested exclusively in NOTHS and nothing in the Conditions
shall be deemed to vest any rights in the CMS in the Seller.
YOUR BEHAVIOUR AND CONDUCT
The Seller shall conduct itself at all times in its relations with NOTHS and NOTHS' staff, Customers and other Sellers
strictly in accordance with a guiding principle of respect and mutual cooperation. In no circumstances will any impolite
or abusive communications via any channel be tolerated and NOTHS reserves the right to immediately suspend a Seller's
Storefront and/or terminate the Conditions in the event of any breach by the Seller of this clause.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
- The Seller recognises that the IPR in the NOTHS name, logo or branding are owned entirely by NOTHS, and agrees
that it may only use the NOTHS name, logo or branding on any promotional material, packaging or elsewhere,
whether in hard or electronic format, in accordance with these Conditions or with the prior written consent
- All IPR in the Service and in any Software and/or Documentation are and will remain the absolute property of
NOTHS or its licensors as appropriate.
- Any IPR created by NOTHS in the course of the performance of these Conditions or otherwise in the provision of
the Service shall remain the property of NOTHS.
- NOTHS hereby grants to the Seller a non-exclusive, non-transferable revocable and limited licence for the duration
of the Conditions only to use any Software or Documentation for the sole purpose of accessing and using the
Service. Subject thereto, nothing in the Conditions shall be deemed to have given the Seller a licence or
any other right to use any of NOTHS' IPR.
- Where photographs or images of the Seller's Products are produced by NOTHS or its agents, any such images may
not be used by the Seller for any purpose other than for display on the NOTHS Website or in printed material
produced by NOTHS. NOTHS reserves the right to charge the Seller a licence fee in respect of any use of such
photographs or images in contravention of this clause.
- The Seller may not bid on the NOTHS Website name, NOTHS brand or brand name, or variations of them, on Google
or any other search engines.
IPR IN AND RELATING TO YOUR PRODUCTS
- The Seller warrants that:
- it is the legal beneficial owner of all of the IPR in and relating to the Products (which includes the data
and information, including Seller Information, relating to such Products), photographs, logos, images
and copy that it provides or uploads to NOTHS, and/or that it possesses a valid licence to use any and
all such IPR; and
- the making of Products available for sale on the Site, and consequent use of the Seller’s IPR by NOTHS
as referred to in Clause 12.B.ii will not infringe any IPR owned by any third party, and there is and
will be no claim against NOTHS by any third party arising in relation to the use of such IPR;
- all items offered for sale by the Seller are not replica or design copies of any other brand, designer or
- The Seller permits NOTHS to access and use any content that appears on the Seller's Storefront or in any other
promotional material in NOTHS's own editorial content or promotional activity relating to the Seller, its
business and Products.
- The Seller shall indemnify and hold NOTHS harmless against any and all damages, liabilities, costs, expenses
and/or losses arising out of or relating to any breach of Clause 12.B.i in respect of any claim or action
that the normal operation, possession or use of those IPR by NOTHS infringes a third party's rights ("IPR
Infringement Claim ").
- In the event of an IPR Infringement Claim the Seller shall forthwith make without charge to NOTHS such alterations,
modifications or adjustments to the IPR as shall be necessary to make them non-infringing.
- NOTHS shall notify the Seller as soon as reasonably practicable if it becomes aware of any IPR Infringement Claim
by a third party.
- NOTHS shall be entitled to take sole conduct of the defence to any claim or action in respect of any IPR Infringement
Claim and may settle or compromise such claim or action at is sole discretion. The Seller shall give NOTHS
such assistance as it shall reasonably require in respect of the conduct of the said defence including, without
prejudice to the generality of the foregoing, the filing of all pleadings and other court process and the
provision of all relevant documents.
- vii. At the request of NOTHS, the Seller shall take the conduct of the defence to any claim or action in respect
of any IPR Infringement Claim. The Seller shall not at any time admit liability or otherwise settle or compromise,
or attempt to settle or compromise, such claim or action except upon the express written instructions of
NOTHS, such instructions not to be unreasonably withheld or delayed.
USE OF YOUR INFORMATION
- The Seller grants to NOTHS a non-exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free and worldwide licence to use,
license, disclose and distribute any information (including Seller Information), data, comments or images
provided by the Seller to NOTHS for any purpose (including disclosing information to third party service
providers so that they can contact you directly about their products and/or services). The Seller hereby
waives their rights to be acknowledged as the author of their Seller Information and to object to the use,
in whatever form, of their Seller Information by NOTHS.
SURVIVAL OF TERMINATION
This Clause 12 shall survive termination or expiry of these Conditions howsoever arising.
- Both parties will comply with all applicable requirements of the Data Protection Legislation. This clause 13 is in
addition to, and does not relieve, remove or replace, a party’s obligations under the Data Protection Legislation.
- The parties acknowledge that for the purposes of the Data Protection Legislation, NOTHS is the data controller and
the Seller is the data processor (where
Data Controller and
Data Processor have the meanings as defined in the Data Protection Legislation). The Seller shall process
such Personal Data relating to a Customer as may be shared with the Seller via the CMS when such Customer purchases
a Product from the Seller through the NOTHS Website. The Seller shall carry out processing of Personal Data of
such Customer solely to the extent, and for such period, as is necessary for the purposes of fulfilling the relevant
order of the Product by the Customer.
- Without prejudice to the generality of clause 13.A, NOTHS will ensure that it has all necessary appropriate consents
and notices in place to enable lawful transfer of the Personal Data to the Seller for the duration and purposes
of this agreement.
- Without prejudice to the generality of clause 13.A, the Seller shall, in relation to any Personal Data processed
in connection with the performance by the Seller of its obligations under this agreement:
- process that Personal Data only on the written instructions of NOTHS unless the Seller is required by the laws
of any member of the European Union or by the laws of the European Union applicable to the Seller to process
Personal Data (Applicable Laws). Where the Seller is relying on laws of a member of the European Union or European
Union law as the basis for processing Personal Data, the Seller shall promptly notify NOTHS of this before
performing the processing required by the Applicable Laws unless those Applicable Laws prohibit the Seller
from so notifying NOTHS;
- ensure that it has in place appropriate technical and organisational measures, reviewed and approved by NOTHS,
to protect against unauthorised or unlawful processing of Personal Data and against accidental loss or destruction
of, or damage to, Personal Data, appropriate to the harm that might result from the unauthorised or unlawful
processing or accidental loss, destruction or damage and the nature of the data to be protected, having regard
to the state of technological development and the cost of implementing any measures (those measures may include,
where appropriate, pseudonymising and encrypting Personal Data, ensuring confidentiality, integrity, availability
and resilience of its systems and services, ensuring that availability of and access to Personal Data can
be restored in a timely manner after an incident, and regularly assessing and evaluating the effectiveness
of the technical and organisational measures adopted by it);
- ensure that all personnel who have access to and/or process Personal Data are obliged to keep the Personal Data
- not transfer any Personal Data outside of the European Economic Area unless the prior written consent of the
Customer has been obtained and the following conditions are fulfilled:
- NOTHS or the Seller has provided appropriate safeguards in relation to the transfer;
- the data subject has enforceable rights and effective legal remedies;
- the Seller complies with its obligations under the Data Protection Legislation by providing an adequate level
of protection to any Personal Data that is transferred; and
- the Seller complies with reasonable instructions notified to it in advance by NOTHS with respect to the processing
of the Personal Data;
- assist NOTHS, at NOTHS’ cost, in responding to any request from a Data Subject and in ensuring compliance
with its obligations under the Data Protection Legislation with respect to security, breach notifications,
impact assessments and consultations with supervisory authorities or regulators;
- on becoming aware of any Personal Data Breach the Seller shall:
- notify NOTHS without undue delay, and in any event such notification shall occur no later than 72 hours from
the Seller establishing that a Personal Data Breach has occurred;
- provide timely information relating to the Personal Data Breach as it becomes known or as is reasonably requested
by NOTHS; and
- follow NOTHS’ reasonable instructions to promptly take reasonable steps to contain, investigate and
mitigate any Personal Data Breach;
- at the written direction of NOTHS, delete or return Personal Data and copies thereof to the Customer on termination
of the agreement unless required by Applicable Law to store the Personal Data; and
- maintain complete and accurate records and information to demonstrate its compliance with this clause 13 and
allow for audits by NOTHS or NOTHS’ designated auditor.
- NOTHS consents to the Seller appointing such third-party processors of Personal Data as are required by the Seller
to fulfil its obligations under this agreement. The Provider confirms that it has entered or (as the case may
be) will enter with the third-party processor into a written agreement substantially on that third party’s
standard terms of business, provided that such standard terms include
terms which are substantially similar to those set out in this clause 13. As between NOTHS and the Seller,
the Seller shall remain fully liable for all acts or omissions of any third-party processor appointed by it pursuant
to this clause 13, and the Seller shall promptly provide to NOTHS a list of all such sub-processors upon NOTHS
- The Seller shall indemnify and hold harmless NOTHS against any and all liabilities, costs, expenses, fines, damages
and losses (including any direct, indirect or consequential losses) it incurs in connection with any claim arising
out of or in connection with, or otherwise envisaged under, this Clause 13 or paid or agreed to be paid by NOTHS
in settlement of the claim and all legal or other expenses incurred by NOTHS in or about the defence or settlement
of the claim. NOTHS shall notify the Seller in writing as soon as practicable after becoming aware of the claim.
- This Clause 13 shall survive termination or expiry of these Conditions howsoever arising.
MARKETING AND PROMOTIONS
- From time to time NOTHS may run promotions on all or part of the NOTHS Website. Any such promotions shall be separate,
and in addition to, any promotions operated by Sellers in their Storefronts, and may involve offering Customers
either free delivery, discounted prices or other promotional activity relating to some or all Products on the
NOTHS Website. NOTHS shall, where relevant and applicable to the Seller and/or its Products, inform the Seller
of the nature and terms of any promotion and, at NOTHS’ sole discretion:
- NOTHS shall bear the costs of any such promotion; or
- where NOTHS requires the Seller to bear the costs of any promotion, the Seller shall inform NOTHS in writing
whether or not it wishes to participate in the relevant promotion.
- The Seller shall permit, comply and co-operate with all activities undertaken by NOTHS to promote, sell or market
the Seller’s Products, in such form and manner as NOTHS in its sole discretion deems appropriate, whether
directly through the Site or the NOTHS Website, through any offline publications produced by NOTHS, or through
websites or offline publications not produced, owned or operated by NOTHS.
- The Seller shall pay any and all Charges in accordance with these Conditions.
- The relevant Charges shall be as notified to the Seller and updated by NOTHS from time to time in accordance
with these Conditions.
- Unless specified otherwise, all Charges are subject to VAT or other similar taxes or levies, all of which amounts
the Seller shall pay, where appropriate, at the rate prevailing at the relevant tax point, and in addition
to the Charges themselves.
- The Seller shall make all payments to NOTHS due under the Conditions without any deduction whether by way of
set-off, withholding, counterclaim, discount, abatement or otherwise.
- If any sum due from the Seller to NOTHS under these Conditions is not paid on or before the due date for payment,
then all sums then owing by the Seller to NOTHS shall become due and payable immediately and, without prejudice
to any other right or remedy available to NOTHS, NOTHS shall be entitled to:
- cancel or suspend its performance of the Conditions or any order, including suspending provision of the Service,
until arrangements as to payment or credit have been established which are satisfactory to NOTHS;
- charge the Seller the cost of obtaining judgment or payment, to include all reasonable professional costs
(including legal fees) and other costs of issuing proceedings or otherwise pursuing a debt recovery procedure;
- where the Seller has multiple Storefronts with NOTHS, offset the sums due from the Seller to NOTHS against
payments due by NOTHS to the Seller in relation to those other Storefronts, pursuant to clause 15.I.vi.
BREAKDOWN OF THE CHARGES
- The Charges comprise, as relevant and applicable:
- the Joining Fee;
- the Upgrade Fee;
- the Single Commission Fee;
- the Subscription Fee;
- the Refund Fee;
- the Re-activation Fee; and
- the Currency Conversion Fee.
- The Joining Fee (if payable in accordance with this Clause 15.C.) is a non-refundable fee.
- The amount of the Joining Fee shall be as agreed between the Seller and NOTHS in writing at the time of inviting
the Seller to participate in the Site.
SINGLE COMMISSION FEE
- The Single Commission Fee payable by the Seller shall be as notified to the Seller by NOTHS in writing at the
time of inviting the Seller to participate in the Site, or as may be amended in accordance with this Clause
15.D and/or Clause 1.C of these Conditions.
- A Single Commission Fee is payable by the Seller on the value of the total amount payable by a Customer in relation
to a Product sold through the NOTHS Website by the Seller. The Single Commission Fee is calculated as a percentage
of the value of a Product, including the delivery charges applying to that Product.
- If applicable, the Single Commission Fee may be reduced from time to time by payment by the Seller of an Upgrade
Fee and by agreement with NOTHS in writing, subject to the availability of any such reduction, as notified
to the Seller via the CMS from time to time.
- The Upgrade Fee payable for the purposes of any such reduction shall be the Upgrade Fee applicable at the time
at which the Seller elects to reduce the Single Commission Fee, in accordance with the rates notified to
the Seller via the CMS from time to time.
- The Upgrade Fee is a non-refundable fee. Any applicable reduction in the Single Commission Fee payable by the
Seller shall be effective following receipt by NOTHS of the applicable Upgrade Fee.
- NOTHS will refund monies paid and received by them in respect of sold Products that are subsequently returned
by the Customer and authorised for refund by the Seller using the designated CMS.
- NOTHS reserves the right to charge the Seller a monthly or annual Subscription Fee upon providing the Seller
with 30 days’ written notice.
- The Seller shall pay a Refund Fee to NOTHS where the price paid for a Product sold through the NOTHS Website
is refunded to the Customer. The Refund Fee is not refundable under any circumstances.
- The Refund Fee is 2.5% of the total amount refunded, or such other amount as may be notified to the Seller by
NOTHS from time to time.
- If the Seller:
- terminates its membership and notifies NOTHS at a later date that it would like to re-activate its membership
with NOTHS; or
- fails to activate its Storefront within six months of the Seller paying the Joining Fee, in accordance with
Clause 5.C.vi.a., the Seller’s re-activation application shall be assessed by NOTHS, in accordance
with NOTHS’ acceptance criteria, as applicable at the time of the Seller’s initial application
or at the time of the relevant re-activation application, whichever NOTHS considers to be more appropriate.
- NOTHS retains entire discretion whether to accept the Seller’s re-activation application and, should NOTHS
accept the Seller’s request, a Re-activation Fee will be charged by NOTHS to facilitate the re-activation.
CURRENCY CONVERSION FEE
- If NOTHS’s payment to the Seller as set out in clause 15.I.iv below involves a currency conversion, it
will be completed at a foreign exchange rate determined by a financial institution, which is adjusted regularly
based on market conditions and which may be applied immediately and without notice to the Seller. This exchange
rate includes a processing fee expressed as 2% above the wholesale exchange rate at which NOTHS obtains foreign
currency, and the processing fee is retained by NOTHS.
- The applicable foreign exchange rate is accessible to the Seller at any time via the CMS and NOTHS suggests that
its Sellers check the CMS to keep updated of the exchange rate applicable at any given time.
HOW PAYMENT IS MADE TO YOU
- As part of the Seller’s appointment of NOTHS as its commercial agent (as set out in clause 4C of these
Conditions), the Seller agrees that NOTHS also acts as the Seller's exclusive agent for the purpose of accepting,
refunding and/or otherwise processing payment(s) related to the sale of Product(s) by the Seller via the
Site (or any other sales channel which NOTHS may offer to the Seller from time to time). In respect of NOTHS
gift vouchers, this paragraph is modified by clause 15.I.v.
- The Seller and NOTHS acknowledge and agree that except as otherwise provided in these Conditions (and in acknowledgement
that both parties are businesses), that the duties of an agent implied under the common law are expressly
excluded. For the avoidance of doubt, NOTHS, acting as the Seller's commercial agent, is neither the buyer
nor the seller of the Product(s) and is not a party to the contract of sale of Product(s) between the Seller
and the Customer.
- Payments for Product(s) will be made directly by a Customer to NOTHS (acting as commercial agent of the applicable
Seller), following the Seller confirming its acceptance of the order to NOTHS using the Seller CMS and the
relevant transaction being recorded on the Seller’s designated CMS. The Seller must check the CMS daily
for alert of new orders. The Seller agrees that the Customer’s obligation to pay the Seller for Product(s)
is satisfied when the Customer validly pays NOTHS for the applicable Product(s), or where pursuant to paragraph
(v), following a request by a Customer to redeem a gift voucher, NOTHS applies its Gift Voucher Funds against
the purchase price. The Seller further agrees that it will not seek recourse (legal or otherwise) against
a Customer or any third party (including, but not limited to any payment service provider or gateway) for
payment of a Product if the Customer has validly paid NOTHS in the manner referred to in this clause or NOTHS
has credited funds to the Seller in recognition of a voucher pursuant to clause 15.I.v.
- Payment for Product(s) by Customers through the NOTHS Website will be through payment methods made available
from time to time, using NOTHS's current online payment processing system.
- NOTHS may offer gift vouchers to Customers that are available for redemption against NOTHS (whether by the original
Customer purchaser or their nominated Customer beneficiary). The Seller acknowledges and agrees that:
- any purchase and redemption of a NOTHS gift voucher is as between the Customer and NOTHS;
- the Seller does not accept any gift vouchers as a means of payment or value; and
- where NOTHS accepts redemption of a gift voucher it does so as principal and not as the agent of the Seller.
If a Customer redeems a gift
voucher, NOTHS will then apply an equivalent sum to the relevant purchase from its Gift Voucher Funds in
settlement of the amount due to the Seller. Any shortfall shall be paid for by the Customer using NOTHS's
current online payment processing system.
- NOTHS shall pay the Seller for the relevant transaction less the Single Commission Fee weekly, 15-21 days in
arrears following acceptance of an order by the Seller through the CMS. Unless otherwise agreed by NOTHS
and the Seller, any payments made by NOTHS to the Seller will be in the domestic currency of the region where
the Seller’s bank account nominated to receive such payments is held and which may also be subject
to the Currency Conversion Fee.
- From time to time NOTHS may retain a portion of the payment due to the Seller in order to provide for refunds
due or expected to be due to a Customer in the ensuing period. Each such retention will be held for no longer
than eight weeks before being repaid to the Seller.
- viii. The Seller shall provide such of their banking details as are required or requested by NOTHS, in order
that payment may be processed to the Seller in respect of any Products sold.
- The Seller shall ensure the banking details referred to in Clause 15.I.viii are kept up-to-date, and shall notify
NOTHS of any changes on the next Working Day. The Seller shall be responsible for paying any banking charges
or other administrative expenses incurred by NOTHS as a result of any inaccuracies in any such information.
- The parties agree that they shall keep in confidence any Confidential Information and, except in accordance with
these Conditions, will not disclose that Confidential Information to any person (other than their employees,
professional advisers or suppliers who need to know the information) without the written consent of the other
party. For the avoidance of doubt, the Seller authorises NOTHS (including its employees, agents and contractors)
to hold and process Seller Information.
- The obligations of confidentiality under the Conditions shall not extend to any matter which either party can show:
- is in or has become part of the public domain, other than through a breach of the Conditions or other confidentiality
- was lawfully in the possession of the recipient before the disclosure under the Conditions took place;
- was independently disclosed to it by a third party entitled to disclose the same;
- was disclosed in accordance with Clause 12.C.i; or
- is required to be disclosed under any applicable law, or by order of a court or governmental body, or by authority
of competent jurisdiction.
- The obligations of confidentiality under the Conditions shall remain in effect for two (2) years after the termination
or expiry of the Conditions, howsoever arising.
EXCLUSION AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
- Nothing in these Conditions excludes or limits the liability of NOTHS for death or personal injury caused by NOTHS'
negligence, for fraudulent misrepresentation, or any other liability that cannot be excluded by law.
- Subject to Clause 17.A, NOTHS' total liability in contract, tort (including negligence) or breach of statutory duty,
misrepresentation or otherwise, arising in connection with the provision of the Service and performance or contemplated
performance of the Conditions, shall be limited in aggregate to a maximum of £10,000.
- Subject to Clause 17.A, NOTHS shall not be liable to the Seller for any loss of profit or other economic loss (direct
or indirect), indirect or consequential loss or damage, costs, expenses or other claims for consequential compensation
whatsoever (howsoever caused) or loss or damage (contractual, tortious, breach of statutory duty or otherwise)
that arises out of or in connection with the Conditions, or for any liability incurred by the Seller to a Customer,
or to any other person howsoever, arising from the provision of the Service or otherwise.
- The Seller shall not be entitled to assign, charge, subcontract or transfer this agreement or any part of it without
the prior written consent of NOTHS. For example, and this does not in any way constitute an exhaustive list,
if the Seller wishes to subcontract its obligations under this agreement to a third party service provider, or
the Seller wishes to sell all or part of its assets to a third party, the prior written consent of NOTHS shall
be required in order to do so.
- NOTHS may assign, charge, subcontract or transfer this agreement or any part of it to any person.
- Except with respect to the persons referred to in clause 12.C.i., no term of these Conditions shall be enforceable
by any third party (which includes for these purposes any third party: employee, officer, agent, representative
or sub-contractor or either NOTHS or the Seller) under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 or otherwise.
Nothing in this clause excludes the rights of NOTHS when acting as payment agent of any seller.
- NOTHS reserves the right to suspend or to cancel the Conditions in whole or in part (without liability to NOTHS)
if it is prevented from or delayed in the carrying on of its business and its obligations under the Conditions
due to circumstances beyond its reasonable control, including acts of God, fire, flood, lightning, severe weather
conditions, war, revolution, acts of terrorism, IT or internet outage, industrial disputes (whether of its own
employees or others) or acts of local or central government (including the imposition of legal or regulatory
restrictions). If any such event beyond the reasonable control of NOTHS continues for a continuous period of
more than 30 days, either party shall be entitled to give notice in writing to the other to terminate the Conditions.
- A waiver by either party of any breach of the Conditions, or delay in enforcing any breach, shall not prevent the
subsequent enforcement of that breach and shall not be deemed to be a waiver of any subsequent breach of that
or any other provision.
- If at any time any one or more of these Conditions (or any part of one or more of these Conditions) is held to be
or becomes void or otherwise unenforceable, for any reason under any applicable law, the same shall be deemed
omitted from the Conditions and the validity and/or enforceability of the remaining provisions of the Conditions
shall not in any way be affected or impaired as a result of that omission.
- Notices given under the Conditions must be in writing and may be delivered by hand or by courier, or sent by prepaid
first class or registered mail to, in the case of NOTHS, to its registered address, or any alternative address
notified by NOTHS to the Seller in accordance with this provision; and, in the case of the Seller, to the address
which it provides on the CMS, or any alternative address notified by it to NOTHS in accordance with this provision.
- Notices may be validly served by email provided that, to be effective, such email is sent to the email address most
recently provided by the addressee to the sender of the relevant notice.
- Except as set out in clauses 4.C and 15.I, the relationship of NOTHS (and its employees) to the Seller will be that
of independent contractor and nothing in the Conditions shall render NOTHS (nor its personnel) as an employee,
worker, any other form of agent, or partner of the Seller or Customer. Subject to any express provision in the
Conditions to the contrary or at NOTHS’s reasonable discretion, neither party shall have any right or authority
to, and shall not do any act, enter into any contract, make any representation, give any warranty, incur any
liability, assume any obligation, whether express or implied, of any kind on behalf of the other party or bind
the party in any way.
- This agreement, and any documents referred to in it, constitutes the entire agreement between the parties and supersedes
and extinguishes all previous drafts, arrangements, understandings or agreements between them, whether written
or oral, relating to the subject matter of this agreement.
- Each party acknowledges that in entering into this agreement it does not rely on, and shall have no remedies in respect
of, any representation or warranty (whether made innocently or negligently) that is not set out in this agreement.
Each party agrees that its only liability in respect of those representations and warranties that are set out
in this agreement (whether made innocently or negligently) shall be for breach of contract.
- Nothing in this clause shall limit or exclude any liability for fraud.
- This agreement and any non-contractual obligations relating to or arising under these Conditions shall be governed
by English law, and the parties irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts in respect
of any dispute relating to or arising under it.