Delivery is made by Parcelforce couriers on the nominated day of your chosing (Weekday deliveries only, Saturday deliery costs extra).
How will my order be delivered and do you use Royal Mail? We only ever use Parcel Force to deliver our parcels as we know they will be sent overnight to ensure they arrive looking as good as when they left us on the delivery date of your choice. We never send anything through the Royal Mail so will be unaffected by any postal strikes, and will ensure all of your Christmas Gifts are delivered on time. Delveries take place between 9am - 5:30pm to any UK . It is extremely important that if you have not left any delivery instructions such as "Can be left safe with a neighbour" or "Leave in porch if not in" that there is someone around to sign for the delivery. If there are no instructions to leave safe or try a neighbour and no one is in to sign for the parcel the courier will be unable to deliver and this will then go back out for deliver the following day. How will my gift come packaged? Our packaging is very much a part of the gift, all the Gluttonous Gardener gifts are beautifully packaged so you won't have to worry about wrapping them up becuase they will delight the recipient before they are even opened. We hand pack all of the crates to ensure that the very best plants and products are selected, all of the crates are lined with wax paper, everything is cocooned in a bed of woodwool and then this is all handtied with large raffia bows and your gift message is attached. We never put any marketing material or any invoices in with our gifts.
When to order:
When placing your order you specify the exact date (weekdays only) that you would like us to deliver your gift, for next day delivery orders must be received by 12 but it is always a good idea to check and contact us as very often we can still get orders out for next day up to as late as 3pm. Orders received by 12 on Friday will be delivered on Monday – however with certain crates it is advisable to have them sent out the following week as they may suffer having spent the weekend in transit – if in doubt contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Deliveries take place between 7:30am – 5:30pm Monday to Friday UK Nationwide (excluding Bank Holidays when we like to take a rest too). We operate a next day delivery service to ensure that your gift arrives looking as good as it did when it left us. Parcels require a signature upon delivery so if you know of somewhere safe that it can be left such as in the porch then please let us know.
Christmas Gift Questions Answered
We send our gifts out with Parcelforce couriers - WE DO NOT USE ROYAL MAIL
Gluttonous Gardener Tips for a successful Christmas gift delivery
1. Ensure someone is in to sign for delivery or leave instruction on where the parcel can be left safe(so that a signature is not required) or if a neighbour can be tried.
2. Make sure you select a suitable date for Christmas - When you order with The Gluttonous Gardner you specify the exact date you wish your gift to be delivered on so you can order now but have your gift delivered in December to any UK address, so why not have it delivered direct to the recipient. We would recommend that you do not choose a date any later than the 22nd December.
3. Take a look at our list below of plants to see how early you can have your gift delivered without having to worry about opening it up to care for the plant (this is because some plants are dormant and so if kept in a cool place well away from central heating they will be quite happy) - if you can order early we would strongly urge you to do so.
4. You can choose the exact address that you would like your gift to be delivered to - simply ensure there is someone to sign for the parcel or provide us with delivery instuctions such as "Can be left with a neighbour" on the order form.
5. Relax - we have Christmas all wrapped up at The Gluttonous Gardener and will ensure that your parcel will arrive looking as beautiful as it did when it left us all beautifully hand packed in our signature wooden boxes so there is no need to worry about having to wrap your gift.
When is the best time to order gifts for Christmas? You can order your gifts for Christmas Gift Delivery from now until noon December 22nd. You simply select the exact delivery date that you require on the order form, we never pre pack our gifts so even if you order now and the gift is not to be delivered until the 22nd December we won't actually pack your present until the 21st on the day of its dispatch. This ensures that the plant and present arrive in tip top condition ready to impress even before they've opened it. We would recommend that you aim to have your gifts delivered between the 14th and 21st December.
How long can I keep my plants in the boxes? Plants that can be delivered up to 2 weeks before you need to present the gift: Many plants at Christmas time will be dormant at Christmas and the following Gift boxes can be kept in their crates for up to 2 weeks before you give them to the recipient. It is important that you make sure you keep them somewhere nice and cool - away from the central heating so they do not get tricked into thinking Spring has come early! somewhere like a pantry, conservatory, shed or a room without radiators will be perfect.Wine and Vine Boxes, Cranberry Crate, Loganberry Lovers Crate, The currant affair,The Pomegranate Crate, The Blueberry Box,The Medlar Crate, The Raspberry Crate,The Give and Fig and Extra Fig Crate, Mulbery Crate, The Olive Enthusiasts and Extra Olive crate, The Beer Crate, The Rose Box, Go Sloe, Gin Drinkers Companion, the blackberry crate, the redcurrant crate, the Fruit Cage, The Mediterranean Courtyard, The Berry Box, The Vineyard Crate and The Rose Garden
Gifts that can be sent 4 days in advance of when they are needed The following crates will need to be opened within three day of being received - if you can have it sent out direct to the recipient this is the best option, you can alternatively take the plants out of their crates and keep them watered simply placing them back in their crate before you present them.The Passion Pack, The Red Hot Box, The Orange and Extra Orange Crate,Orangery, The Lemon and Extra Lemon Crate, The Lavender Lovers Crate, The Coffee Lovers Crate, The Gardenia, The Strawberry Crate, The Moroccan Mint Tea Crate, The Orangery and The Herb Tea Crate.